New: Please see the latest Taxability Change Notice for Change of Station travelers.
A. Change of Station Process and Related Tax Information:
To learn more, see: Relocation Income Tax Allowance Information
B. NSSC Travel now has another way that a transferee Traveler may submit his or her vouchers. Please see, submitting COS Travel Vouchers
C. Simple Change of Station (COS) Process for NASA Travelers:
If you are planning a change of station with NASA and you are wondering what steps you need to take to ensure a successful move, you've come to the right place! We've broken the process down into simple steps to help you during this hectic time.
If traveling CONUS, review: NASA's Guide to a Successful Move (CONUS)
If traveling OCONUS, review: NASA's Guide to a Successful Move (OCONUS)
To view the steps for a successful move, see COS Process Steps.
D. Tip of the Quarter:
It is strongly encouraged that employees keep all receipts related to their relocation. Receipts are required for all lodging, groceries, and expenses greater than $75. If a claim is determined to be unreasonable, you will be required to substantiate all related expenses with receipts. Please adhere to the definition of a receipt:
A written/printed acknowledgement from a vendor to the authorized employee or family for payment(s) received for goods or services provided. The receipt shall provide the following information:
1. Printed name and address of the vendor;
2. Date payment received;
3. Form of payment (specified in the form of cash, check, credit card, etc.);
4. Total amount of payment;
5. Name of the individual who received the goods or services (if hand written);
6. Brief description or itemized listing of actual goods or services provided. (Note: If the receipt is for Temporary Quarters/lodging, it should include the address and time period of service); and
7. Signature of vendor (if hand written receipt).