The NSSC handles registration activities for NASA employees for individually funded
training activities. These activities include:
- Individual courses
- Conferences (reportable and non-reportable)
- Provides authorized training forms for academic billing;
- Contacts vendors, procures seats, and registers employees for courses; and
- Utilizes bulk purchasing when possible and leverages vendor discounts.
Positive Action Recommendations
- Training Offices need to ensure that, whenever possible, training requests are submitted with sufficient time to process the training purchase (5 business days).
- When sufficient time is not available due to a late submission by a learner, denial of the training, or a requirement for the individual to pre-pay should be considered.
- Approval of a Reimbursement SF-182 by the Training Office should be accomplished prior to the training start date to avoid a ratification requirement for the center.
- Training Purchase Requests submitted less than 7 calendar days prior to training are at risk for ratification (12.6%).
- Training Purchase Requests submitted on or after training start dates are Ratifications.
- Integrated Procurement Documentation For Training Purchases (NSSC-Form 0028)
- AR Invoice Data Requirements Tuition Collections (NSSC-Form-0063)
Note: No-Cost and Reimbursement Training Requests approved by the Centers after the training start date could be an audit issue for the Centers if funding is involved and a Ratification is not documented.